Va-Va-Voom. Can You Guess Who This Is?
I did not recognize this well known celebrity when I first saw this photograph.
Do you know who it is?
Here are some clues to who our mystery celebrity is:
- She appeared regularly on a television show which had a long run in the 1950s.
- Two of her co-stars on the show were Jack Larson and John Hamilton.
- She was never attired like this on the show, but wore a pillbox hat and business suit.
- She was born in 1920 in Minnesota and died in 2016 in Arizona at the age of 95.
- She began making films in 1940 and had a contract with Paramount Pictures.
- Her final film was in 2016 Surge of Power: Revenge of the Sequel.
Do you give up?
Or is this someone you’ll have to look up?
In the sky. Not in the cloud.
Okay, that was a terrible pun of a clue.
The answer is:
Noel Neill, who played Superman’s (George Reeve’s) “love interest,” Lois Lane on the Adventures of Superman TV show (1952-1958). Jack Larson played Jimmy Olsen and John Hamilton played editor Perry White (the Chief).
Yes, Noel Neill looks very un-Lois like in this early swimsuit motion picture publicity photo of her.
Who knew Noel was a glamor-girl?
What would Superman or Clark Kent have said had he ever seen Lois Lane in this sort of a get-up?